No Purchase Required to Enter or Win. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The #cheersto30years Instagram Contest is open only to legal residents of fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of Johnny Was, LLC or other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Johnny Was, LLC
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Contest begins on November 2, 2017 at 12:00am Pacific time and ends on November 6, 2017 at 11:59pm Pacific time (the “Entry Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified. All postmarked entries must be postmarked on or before November 6, 2017, and must be received on or before November 11, 2017. Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- How to Enter:
- To enter: Prior to or during the Entry Period, follow @johnnywas on Instagram, and post a photograph of yourself in front of the commemorative photo backdrop at the Johnny Was retail store in an Instagram post, and tag @johnnywas with the hashtag, #cheersto30years AND #jworlando. Set the posting Instagram account privacy settings to public for the duration of Entry Period.
- Mail a 3” x 5” card, including entering your name, age, address, contact phone, and email address, with a photo of a Johnny Was retail store to Johnny Was, LLC, 2423 East 23rd St., Los Angeles CA, 90058 Attn: #cheersto30years Instagram Contest. Upon receipt of the mail-in entry, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. All mail-in entries must be hand-printed. There is no limit on the number of entries per person, but any entries attempted through the use of agencies, or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar methods, or through the use of fraudulent email accounts. No copies, facsimiles, or reproductions will be accepted. Entries will be disqualified if they contain any inappropriate material or language including profanity, to be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Entry Content Restrictions:
Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity.
Content cannot be derogatory or promote bigotry, racism, violence, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promote any form of discrimination whatsoever (including, but not limited to, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age).
Content cannot promote alcohol, drugs (illegal or otherwise), tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message.
Content cannot be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or endorse any form of hate or hate group.
Content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies.
Entry cannot feature or otherwise mention competitors of Sponsor.
Entry cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others (other than Sponsor), or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Sponsor’s).
Entry cannot contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses.
Content cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
Content cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
Entry cannot contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Drawing: On or about November 13, 2017, the Sponsor will review all of the entries received and will select one entry as a potential winner. The sponsor will review the photos submitted as entries and will select the winner based on the creativity of the entry photo and whether or not the correct tags and hashtags as stated in the entry instructions were used. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner within five (5) days of the drawing, via email. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place using the same criteria from the remaining entries for that retail store.
- Requirements of Potential Winners: A potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within five (5) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place using the same criteria as above. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must sign the Affidavit/Release on the potential winner’s behalf.
- Prizes: One prize of a $500 gift certificate to Johnny Was, redeemable in-store only, will be awarded to the winner. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Prizes may be reported as income to a winner and the winner will be responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt of a prize.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to threaten, annoy, harass, bother or otherwise disrupt any other person. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
The Released Parties shall not be liable to winners or to any other person for failure to supply the prizes or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of Gods, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or requests(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the actions(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- Contest Results AND OFFICIAL RULES: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Johnny Was LLC, 2423 East 23rd St., Los Angeles CA, 90058. Vermont residents may omit postage for the self-addressed envelope. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period. For a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked “OFFICIAL RULES JW Orlando #cheersto30years Instagram Contest for receipt.